Saturday, March 2, 2013

Tim's Place, a touching story about a special Olympian restaurateur

I have a brother who was born with cerebral palsy. He is physically and developmentally challenged. I often wish I could open a little cafe/meeting place where I could create great meals and have people come and sit, all day if they wanted. A place where my brother could get social interaction that he loves and take on a few simple tasks to give him a sense of worth, which we all desire. Our economy always has challenges and even able-bodied people have a hard time finding work. I've seen it over and over again where people with challenges want to make a difference, want to contribute, if only someone would let them. This video gives some a little hope and may be some ideas if anything it makes you smile.

My hubby shared this link with me, about an outgoing young man, Tim Harris, who runs a restaurant in Albuquerque, NM called simply, Tim's Place: serving breakfast, lunch, and hugs… oh and if that weren't enough, he was born with Down Syndrome.


No comments:

Post a Comment