Sunday, January 6, 2013

Make Your Own Dry Adobo Mix: Recipe Seasoning for All Things!

Make your own Adobo Dry Mix

In Hawaii if someone said "Adobo chicken" it was usually a Filipino food that has vinegar in it and very 'ono (delicious in Hawaiian language). However, when I moved to Florida, there's a Latin dry mix called Adobo, in many varieties. I found that making my own mix from a combination of trial and error - this is a keeper. I put it on a lot of different foods as my regular go-to seasoning that I mix a batch up and then store it in an air tight jar and place some in a shaker bottle for daily use. The seasoning usually lasts up to six months but I use it so often I need to make a new batch every couple of months. Enjoy!

Adobo dry rub is used to season meat, poultry, fish or whatever you love to season. You can customize the recipe by adjusting the ingredients based on the spices you prefer.

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes

Ingredients:
  • 4 Tablespoons Kosher Salt

  • 2 Tablespoons Mrs. Dash

  • 6 Tablespoons Garlic Powder

  • 4 Tablespoons Dried Oregano

  • 2 Tablespoons Turmeric Powder (or can use Sazon premix with turmeric for color)

  • 2 Tablespoons Onion Powder

  • 1 Tablespoon Ground Black Pepper

  • 1 Tablespoon Cumin - dry ground

Preparation:
Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.

Serves: Makes about 1 1/4 cups of seasoning.



Copyright 2013 mLehua

1 comment:

  1. michele starkey21/1/13 03:40

    We use alot of Adobo - good mix here, I'll give it a go :)
    cheers!

    ReplyDelete