Thursday, March 6, 2014

Learning about meal planning, shopping lists and recipes

Save money, time and reduce stress with weekly meal plans

Meal planning helps save money, time and reduces stress. We all know it, but where do we start? After a bit of research and looking for food in the house but not wanting to eat any of what I have, I realized I needed to work on a plan that I've wanted to do for years, but never got around to doing.

I've always know there are meal planning lists and recipes out there on the web but I couldn't find one that had everything I wanted for free and the type of food that might be healthy, affordable and easy to make. But then one day I feel upon a site called The Better Mom and from there found one of their contributor writers who not only has a menu that may work for my family but one that has all the information and resources I have been looking for, it's called The Nourishing Home.

I'm enjoying reading both websites and looking forward to introducing the menu planner to the family so that we can work on our food budget and agree on meals, which is another challenge considering the difference cultural background we come from and the fact that I can't eat meat or dairy but I can eat fish. I will cook with meat and dairy for others but need to figure out how to prepare meals where I can eat too.

Check out my recipes at: Orlando Cooking Examiner

No comments:

Post a Comment